Dave Winer is Right

 Dave says it's dumb to have two places to write.  And I agree.  He is speaking of the virtual places.  There is also a physical place to write.  And I imagine that Dave has been writing from the same physical chair and desk and office and room and house and street address for many years now just as he has been writing at the same virtual location.

I myself have drifted from here to there.  Like many I had a blog then shut it down then did not social writing for 20 years and now I'm an old man getting ready to retire and looking for a place to write.

And I'm comfortable right here at blogger dot com.

Well the clock is ticking and time waits for no man.  Ernest Hemmingway would write from many places but always on the blank page of paper and the typewriter I am thinking now although he may have had his time of ink pens and pencils.  Mark Twain I think was the first to use a typewriter.  Before that we had Henry David Thoreau and I think the typewriter was not in existence during his time.

My time appears to be May 15, 1963 through oh maybe around 2034 at least I would hope.  Ten more years and it's over.  I could write for ten years but probably not much longer but perhaps even a few more after that.  I think Dave is a few years older than me so there could come a day and most likely will, barring any early death on my end, where I will go to Dave's blog and it will be silent.  Forever a part of the new cyber library of congress instantly accessible to any and all and no more need to learn the Dewey Decimal system all you need now is Google.

And ChatGPT.

So then comes beating the shit out of people and going full on Jose Wales.  Hey man, if you think working remote is the same as returning to the office than you are dumber than a box of rocks.  That's the simple way to put it.

Big Dog at work thinks he's so damn smart he better watch out or they might replace him.  Dave Schaeffer is no idiot himself or maybe he is.

We're all on the conveyor belt heading towards the six-foot hole.  You got to beat 'em like Foreman beat Lyle in the meantime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Life Preparatory School for Boys

allmarijuanastocks.com