Beans and Rice

 VP and Rob were talking about multiple streams of income in episode 11 of the Trading Pyschology podcast.  (see bookmarks of this blog)

Well I said I got one stream of income.  My job.

Always been that way.

Work my job.  Collect my paycheck.  Eat beans and rice.

Next week do it again.

I studied and job hopped and got myself up to a pretty good level and then at 60 I got a little inheritance after the death of my mom and now here I sit at 61 years of age ready to retire.

Well cash flow is the thing now.

The minute the paycheck stops then the wad starts going down as you work on withdrawal strategies and the wonderful world of decumulation.

Well, me and KC (see blog bookmarks) don't like that word decumulation.

Now my job has devolved through mergers and aquisitions and trying to help my boss out by taking his weekend coverage shift that has no apparently turned into a life sentence teaching me to never help him out again and that was the biggest mistake I ever made in my life.

But on the other hand like Brear Rabbit I don't mind being in the old briar patch because there's no management around and also I get to work on my trading program during the week so I'm not done working on my cash flow situation although I have failed so many tines before and now I am once again choosing the business opportunity with the 99% fail rate but at the same time I have already won the game and the programe is free (see NNFX blog bookmark of this blog) so I can affort to attend that school until the day I die and never spend a penny.

Imagine being given a full ride scholarship to Harvard

I think VP makes more money than many Harvard graduates and his college is free to attend.  And comes with a 99% fail rate of all students who ever sign up to attend.

But that's the way it is folks.

What else have you got to offer me?

I've seen all the pitches.

Pathways to riches.

But I sit here today as a writer.

A man who writes a blog.

Oh what a terrible life.

To live in luxury and leisure and write about my exploits trying to learn how to trade.

And enough money coming in as a 62 year old retired network engineer collecting enough Social Security to pad my withdrawals and tax strategies and investment strategies and beans and rice mentality and buying my clothes at goodwill and carrying the minimum amount of auto insurance.

I guess it's the health insurance that's going to really add another big bill to my monthly budget once the job ends.  Along with the big fat paycheck.

So I'm going to keep my chin up and keep on punchin' like and old combat marine and keep that paycheck coming in for as long as I can.  At least until age 62 so I don't have to withdraw for a year before I can pad it down with Social Security like Merle Haggard always dreamed of doing in Big City turn me loose and set me free.

So it is the psychology of trading.

All I have to do is to live on beans and rice until the die I die and hope I never need a doctor or a full-time nurse or at least for another 5 or 6 years or maybe 10 years or 11 years but the man comes around just like he came around and got Johnny Cash he's coming around to get me and on that day the only thing that will matter is did I live a good enought life or not to get me in on the right side.

So the psychology of trading.

I got me a demo account set up at Smart Trader recommended to me by Kasy Jackson.



https://smarttrader.com/charts/


https://smarttrader.com/charts/


https://x.com/kacijacksonfx


Now KC says "With the way we trade we need MT4."

I got MT4 now too.


KC recommends Oanda.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripting News

Binance