Resignation Letter

Everybody seems to want to get rich so they can Lord it over other people who are struggling.  I am guilty of having this exact attitude in my early years.  When I thought making lots of money was easy and only a dumb idiot would ever struggle with living expenses and the realities of retirement were not staring me in the face at 61 years of age.

So after going bankrupt at 40 years of age I put on the blinders and started studying for Cisco certifications.  I passed the CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Written 2 times, and sat the CCIE lab 3 times in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Along the way I changed jobs two times moving from Atlanta to Reston, Virginia to work with this great company called Sprint that had more CCIE's and senior level network engineers than you could shake a stick at.

I was in CCIE heaven.

Now through mergers and acquisitions I find myself working for a company that apparently has no respect for any of that effort and is trying to kick me out of the senior level network engineering team that I worked so hard to be a part of and turn me into a customer service representative.

This after they threatened to fire me for not injecting something into my blood stream that I would rather not inject into my bloodstream.  After much worry and anxiety about losing my job because I would not inject something I would rather not inject into my bloodstream they granted me a religious exemption whereby I guess they approved of my belief in Jesus Christ and decided to allow me to be able to eat and live indoors.

Meanwhile they were scheming to give the greatest work package in the history of human labor to everybody else on my team except me.  Everybody else on my team was deemed to now be a remote engineer and allowed to work from the comfort of their own home.

Anybody who has not recently undergone a full-frontal lobotomy knows that "working from home" is a dream come true.  Anybody who thinks these people are just "working from home" would have to be the biggest idiot in the world.  The truth is these people are working from wherever the hell they want to work from because now they are free.  And the "Return to Office" program might as well be called return to prison.

So after 25 years with the company and many years of CCIE study and sitting the CCIE lab 3 times they give everybody on my team except me the greatest CCIE job in the history of the world and tell me to suck eggs.

Now I happen to agree with Dave Schaeffer that it is better for a team to come into the office and work together as a team.  So get these loafers asses back in the office or tell them to hit the road.  Don't come after the one guy that is actually coming in to the office.  If you want us to be in the office then let's get into the goddam office and go to work.  Don't tell half the team that there is no reason for them to be in the office while threatening to fire me for doing the exact same thing as everybody else on the team.

And then I come into the office and nobody on the team is in the office and any work I do with the team is on zoom while they are sitting at home and I am sitting in the office.  When I ask for somebody to make this make sense all I hear is get your ass in the office and make it quick or we'll fire you immediately and ruin your life.

Oh everybody else on the team?  Oh they're working from home and they're all very happy.  What's wrong with you?





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripting News

Binance