The Psychology of Retirement

God help these poor bastards that ain't got no money at all and thank God I may have enough to retire with a shred of dignity.

Yes, thank you Lord Jesus that I am able to pay my rent.

Rent, you say?  But Doug you worked your ass off and got your condo paid for in cash.

Oh but you forgot about the communists who are gouging me for HOA fees and property tax not to mention health insurance and long term care and rising grocery prices.

Well I'l keep the job for as long as I can and when it ends it ends.  At that point I'll sit here and write for a year and paper trade forex for something to do zero risk and see how fast my savings begins to dwindle.

After my first year without a paycheck I will be a year older and a year closer to meeting my maker and I'll have a better idea of how many years I could live before I run out of money.

It seems the game is real and here I am.  Thank you Lord for what I have and I pray that it's enough to make it.

I can read books and play my guitar and hit the gym.  Thank you Lord for my physical and mental health and I pray that I can make it to the end like a good Christian soldier.  There are so many big issues in this world and it seems sometimes that all us little Christians can do is to pray and try to hang on.

Let God handle the big stuff and I'll try to work on my personal budget and savings and cash flow and if I have to get a job as a Walmart greeter then I'll do it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripting News

Binance